Do you want to take totally awesome care of your family and your home, but you always seem to forget to take that same care of yourself? Then you’ve come to the right place!
Well, hello there, Friend! How the heck are ya?
I’m Marietta and I’m the crazy ginger behind Cuppa Whimsy. I’m a 30-something mom of 4 silly monkeys and wife to the world’s most amazing husband! (There’s a chance I’m a little biased.)
My 3 oldest live with their daddy. You can read the story of how that happened here. It was the hardest decision of my life. But it’s also the biggest reason that I’m so passionate about moms learning to not neglect their own needs.
In the past few years, I’ve learned how important it is to take care of myself and I’m still learning how to do so. Which led to me creating Cuppa Whimsy so I can share my journey and give other moms the tools they need to take the best possible care of their families, their homes and themselves.
When you have children, your world isn’t about you anymore, right?
Of course, everything changes! You’re now responsible for a tiny human that depends on you for its survival. And you love them with everything you are, so even though it can be a struggle, caring for them is the most rewarding and magical thing you can do!
But the unfortunate truth, for many moms, is that they put so much of themselves into caring for their wonderful little families, that they forget to take care of themselves. They forget that their well-being – physically, mentally, and emotionally – matters just as much as anyone else’s. They empty themselves out till there’s nothing left and still keep going. But, let’s be honest, how can you take care of everyone else when you don’t take care of yourself.
You can’t pour from an empty cup!
Cuppa Whimsy is here to help you fill that cup back up! Coming at you with tips and inspiration to make your life easier, more fun, more magical, and more fulfilling.
So, what kinds of things will you find here on Cuppa Whimsy?
- Self-Care – Ideas to keep your noggin healthy and sharp. As well as inspiration to keep your emotional health in check. Along with ways to keep yourself physically healthy and fit. Even ways to become more spiritually fulfilled.
- Family – Tips on taking the best possible care of your family. Ideas for activities, etc. for your kids and your whole family.
- Home and Hearth – Ideas and tips for menu planning, budgeting, home management, recipes, routines, etc. Everything to keep your household running in tip-top shape.
- DIY/Crafts – I like to make things. Lots of things. Random things. Fun and useful things. And when I do, I will show you how to make those things too.
- My Silly World – Day to day happenings, ponderings, and stories from my silly, little life.
So, is this blog for you? Are you struggling to find the balance between taking care of your family, your home, and yourself?
Yes? Then take your beautiful self, sit down with your favorite cuppa, and dig into Cuppa Whimsy! I hope you find what you need and are able to learn and be inspired. If you do, please take a second to sign up for my newsletter. You can also find me on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Come say, “Hi!”
Thanks for stopping by Cuppa Whimsy! Enjoy!